NOTES THE HEART CAN SEND

I found that with you the sun feels compelled to wrap itself in fog for fear of losing the battle of brilliance. Even the wind dreams of of riding beside you in your cart pulled by toe dancing butterflies. We found a sanctuary of ocean mist and a power in the roar of the surf almost as if it was cheering us on. I found you there and you found me with a dreaming baby and a sky filled with a jubilee of lights and explosions of celebration for what we had discovered. I remember that night well. I can remember the way you felt that night and every night from that first 7 years ago. It's like remembering perfection leaning for the first time on our minds pillow. It was talking to our bodies, with you I found that love and dreams make our parenthesis, between them I place our you and I, and we discover the world. We explore the globe like we uncover each other's secrets and lock them in our protection..That's what love is. Long drives to farms in hopes of tilling historic notions of happiness and reflecting on times spent embracing the conception of memories, and we made many. I could write books of our memories made, they would be illustrated with crimson and passion, and highlighted with cloud created beauty stitched out of heavens fabric. We are nostalgia treasure hunters dancing through cave like stores holding secrets of generations past, and lives lived. We needed that to feed our old souls. Our spirits were both born of eras past swaying to trumpets and wearing suits of armor. I keep that armor to wear for your protection. This knight has never left your side and rides over thundering hooves to the battlefields of your pain and suffering…Late nights spent letting all of the echoes of the world become the backdrop to the music our conversations created. We would enchant each other until your eyes lost the the battle with gravity and I would wrap in loving arms and carry you to rest that beautiful half smile while I traced your bodies every outline and tickled into outstretched arms the resounding truth that..I love you. I would watch you sleep and sometimes have conversations with your dreams. They would tell me stories of you and I ice skating on the moon watching the sun wrap itself around the globe as I wrapped myself around you. Even in the deepest of sleep you knew your man was there watching over and protecting you and you would wedge yourself under my arm and squeeze away your unconscious anxiety with a whimper of love and safety. I have forever been in that place keeping my chest open for your tired head to fall on and match breathing as we melt the world away and swim in our love made ocean. My ribs don't fit right without my left hand you make draped across them soothing my sometimes heavy heart. Under blankets working as bomb shelters shielding you and I from the havoc that the unhappy want to drag us to… I can paint perfect pictures of you through shut lids that two dimensionally would still not capture the brilliance of your smile or the depth of your beauty…, which you are and you create. A heated pool of life force and plutonium like power of bringing a new life into our world . It felt like hot fusion and we were joined in the celebration of the cry of breaths realization. I saw you glow that night with a power of the sun and I was changed forever in that brilliant light. I feel life with you. No anesthetic for the truth of life, completely aware of all the love embraced between you and I. I can still see you dancing on feet made of air in an angelic glide through my thoughts and dreams, you can hypnotize so easily with your seductive sway and your intoxicating rhythm. No matter how far you may be from me I still walk with you, one hand in yours, the other gripped tightly around our memories and dreams. I found our love and dreams created a village whose borders we will never leave no matter how far we go. . . . I remember you. I remember youthful innocence and the young girl you were before now. I knew you then and I know you now. Others will call but no one will ever know the full depth and beauty of your being as I do. I have watched from the other side of a kiss, this pretty young girl become the radiant woman you are today. I remember you, all of you. I still chase your child that runs safely inside of my memories schoolyard. Lou, you are safe there with a strong willed young man in hot pursuit pining for a first kiss under Russian misle-toe. I remember you well, the change of your body and the sculpting of emotion. I can still see all of you and think of you constantly. My todays are full of flower like wishes staining your body in my minds eye. No one could ever narrate our love except those stars that have followed us through a heavenly watchtower and I converse with them often. They tell amazing stories of love and passion and I listen like Peter Pan and the lost boys letting the enchantment of our tale inspire us to stay young and never let the world corrupt our dreams. You will in that light always be my Wendy with a tinker bell touch because you are my happy thought that makes me fly. I would change their neverland into our Foreverland, and that would be our village…I will never stop kissing you from afar, and when you feel that safety of sleep and the comfort of slumber, remember that you are wrapped in my arms always. Others may come and go but these are the arms that will never let you go. I will hold you now and shelter that young girl I first became enamored with, inside of me. So if you forget, or need to be reminded of your beauty and wide-eyed wonderment you need only call out..I will always be listening….I love you with the power enough to stop time and make this globe spin backwards. I will forever be your "C", your white knight, your Peter Pan…Your Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment