I found your picture last night

I found your picture last night,
head turned ever so slightly to the left
with your hair,
perfect as always
cascading over the same shoulder.
Eyes full and beaming with messages not yet said,
probably due to my lack of ability to hear 
your liquid truth.
your smile,
your smile practiced and perfected,
all of this giving you a sad beauty.
I find myself with a deep longing 
to hold your chin in my palms
with my fingertips exploring the contours
of your cheeks and mouth.
Caress your sadness and pain
and tell you darling,
You are safe now, 
you no longer have to fight the darkness,
rest easy my love
and lean your head into mine
and always know my bella luna
that with me you are always home.
I understand how lonely it is out there,
I know the cold of its void,
I've tasted its bitter fruit
and have felt the cuts of its daggers
and the pierce of its arrows.
You are not alone
you are not alone
you are not alone
you are not alone
you are not alone,
i love you

1 comment: